The Candle in the Window by Margaret Hill McCarter {Book Review}


~ Description 

Tully wants more than anything to make his teacher smile. But no one knows that Miss Ravenstow is trying to escape the pain from her past. No one, that is, except Tod the mailman, who holds in his hands something far more valuable than a special delivery. 

Discover a very special Christmas story that opens the door for those seeking shelter from the pain of their past. Inspire your entire family with a beautiful portrayal of how a simple candle in the window can bring hope for the future and an encounter with the Light of the world. 


~ My Rating 
5 stars 


~ My Review 

Oh my goodness, this story was just the most precious little thing ever!! ^_^ 

Last year, I won a giveaway of a bundle of audiobooks/dramas. This was included and when I saw that it was Chrismasy (and connected to WWI, according to Goodreads :D) I wanted to listen right away! Unfortunately, it slipped my mind...until this year. I got to listen to it back in November though, and I loved it oh, so much! 

I mean, c'mon y'all, there's WWI, there's a modern-day veteran (who may or may not be an amputee and a hero) and there's postal workers. Not to mention, a cute kid, a heartbroken schoolteacher, and a letter that will touch them all. <3

I truly enjoyed this little story with its endearing message of light and bringing light to the darkness! <3 

(Also...in case you're confused...Margaret Hill McCarter wrote the original book, and Lamplighter Theatre did the audiodrama. So I'm technically reviewing the audio. xD)

~*~ 

Comments

  1. Lampligher is fantastic! And this audio drama is amazing as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to many of theirs, but this one was so great! :D

      Delete
    2. The white Gypsy is personally my favorite! It literally keeps you on the edge of your seat!! :D

      Delete
  2. I should see if I can find this book at my local library. Sounds like a heartwarming read!

    Livvy
    P.S. Would appreciate it if you could come over and visit my blog belivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019