Christmas Smiles by Rebekah Morris {Book Review}


~ Description 

This was Laina’s second Christmas without her parents, who had died in an accident, and she was sure it would bering nothing but tears, because she and her aunt couldn’t seem to get along. When a frightening experience occurs, Laina, her cousin, and her aunt and uncle find unexpected cause for smiles.


~ My Rating 
4 stars


~ My Review 

I've really enjoyed the stories I've read in Rebekah Morris' Christmas Collection! This was the fourth I've read, and the most recent. They're all really sweet little stories. :) 

In Christmas Smiles, pre-teen Laina is living with her aunt, uncle, and cousin, and feeling really unloved and unwanted. Laina was a very real character, with fears and struggles. I didn't connect with the aunt at first, but...let's just say she grew on me a bit. ;)

The farm setting and family situation was really interesting. I loved the family who owned the farm! They were all great and loving.

Definitely a great, short read! :D 


~*~ 

Visit Stories by Firefly for more posts in the 12 Days of Christmas blog party! :)

Comments

  1. This book sounds great! Especially since I'm always on the hunt for good chrismas books *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really sweet! Hehe, well, this one is only 99¢ I believe too... ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}