A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens {Book Review}


~ Description 
The story of Ebenezer Scrooge opens on a Christmas Eve as cold as Scrooge's own heart. That night, he receives three ghostly visitors: the terrifying spirits of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come. Each takes him on a heart-stopping journey, yielding glimpses of Tiny Tim and Bob Cratchit, the horrifying spectres of Want and Ignorance, even Scrooge's painfully hopeful younger self. Will Scrooge's heart be opened? Can he reverse the miserable future he is forced to see? 


~ My Rating 
5 stars 


~My Review 

Ahh, how could I not review this amazing story on Christmas Day? It's quite amazing. :) 

My family listen to an audiobook of this classic a few years ago and, to be honest, I didn't even like it that much. It was good, but not great. Then last Christmas, I read the book again (a super pretty, illustrated version that was a gift from my parents ;)) and...it was epic. 

Like, how did I miss half of this goodness before?! Sure, the whole visits-from-the-ghosts thing could be argued, but I thought it was very well-done. The beautiful telling of a story filled with Christmas spirit... If you haven't read it, you're missing out. :) 

A Christmas Carol is not a top favorite book of mine, but it's just too good not to give it five shining stars. 

A true classic! <3 

~*~ 

Visit Stories by Firefly for more fun stops along the 12 Days of Christmas link-up! :D 

Comments

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019