Stress vs. Sleep in the Storm

Good morning, friends. :)



I forgot to schedule this post last night, and I woke up thinking about it. Now, having only been up about twenty minutes, I'm sitting on my bed to write.

And I'm thinking back over the past week. I don't always do this on weekends, but I like to. Reflection can be nice—to see what I've gotten accomplished and remember how God has worked in the past six or seven days.

This morning, I'm recalling that this week was kind of crazy. Several days found me stressing over all the things I needed to get done. The to-do list with reminders of homework, editing, blogging, writing. (And reading? I haven't read a book for the pure enjoyment of it in two weeks... O.o) Things going on in our family and church family. The science midterm that I'm still not sure how well I did on was the cause of much of this stress.

But even in the busy seasons of life, when we just can't seem to keep up, has God forgotten us? Left us to fend for ourselves?

No, of course not. He's right here with us—we only have to remember that. To reach out to Him. To call on His Name.

On Monday morning, I knew I had a lot to get done, so I didn't take the time to read my Bible first thing. And you know what? Monday was a terrible day.

On Wednesday morning, I overslept. But I still took the time to read my Bible before grabbing breakfast and dashing out the door to ceramics class. When I returned, I had lunch, took the chemistry test, and got ready for church.

Wednesday nights at the Potts house means prayer meeting/Bible study/youth group. (Last week, it also meant Chick-Fil-A and nearly being involved in a wreck, but that's a story for another time.) Our youth group was rehearsing for an Easter skit we're doing in a few weeks. And you know what? I don't know when I last laughed so hard. Although I'm several years older than most of them, that group of kids and teens are pretty awesome. And an hour spent with them was exactly what I needed halfway through a stressful week.

There is blessings in the chaos, y'all. Run to the One who offers sleep and rest in the storm. <3




In the midst of all this, I came across this song. I love Unspoken's music, but I had never heard this one before. It's a beautiful reminder and exactly what I needed this week. Give it a try and be blessed. <3

Comments

  1. Great post, Faith. Thank you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Faith! Thanks for the reminder today... I needed it :) Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really hit home for me right now... thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were touched, Emily. Blessings :)

      Delete
  4. *hugs* This was such a lovely post, Faith! I totally understand the feeling of just feeling like you're stressed out. I hope things go better for you this week! Thanks for sharing another encouraging post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* Thank you, Rebekah. Yes, its not a nice feeling. This week is looking to be a bit slower. ;) Thanks so much, girl! <3

      Delete
  5. Love this post. I mostly get stressed with my grades. Especially tests. When I get a bad grade I really stress. This post reminded me to ask God for help!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get stressed about grades and tests too. Absolutely!

      Thanks for commenting, Leah! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Faith! Yeah I’ve heard several of Unspoken’s songs but never that one... but I like it now!
    “Teach me to sleep in the storm.”
    Sometimes in life it’s hard to find calm or quiet in the midst of our busy and chaotic lives, but even Jesus, who was surrounded by large crowds a lot of the time, found time to be alone with His Father. And when there was a storm He slept through it. We can learn from Him :).
    Thanks for this reminder and for sharing that song! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Sarah! <3 It's so great! I heard it on Spotify, and then realized its on the deluxe album. ;)
      Very true, Sarah. He'll give us the rest and quiet our souls need if we look to Him to provide. <3
      Glad you enjoyed the song! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019