I Don't Know Why, But I Know Who.

I've had some good, lengthy, deep talks with some dear friends in the last few months. Some thoughts from then, some things discussed, and some lessons God has been teaching me lately led me to write this. My prayer is that is touches someone's heart. <3 



I don't know why... 

I don't see the purpose in pain and trouble.

I don't know why good people have to experience pain and confusion.

I don't know why some people pray for years for a child of their own, while hundreds of thousands of innocent babies are aborted every year.

I don't understand why some people desire love and marriage so much, and others toss feelings aside like they're nothing.

I don't understand why it seems like some people have it so easy, and some have it so hard.

I don't know why some can see their futures so clearly, while others struggle years to find some direction.

I don't understand why some are called to wait, when they want to move, and some are called to move, when they want to wait.

I don't know why life has to be hard.

I don't know why I wrote this down at all, but I did, so here it is.



But I know who... 

I know Who is with us, in the pain and chaos.

I know Who comforts us in the midst of trouble and grief.

I know Who holds those parents with empty arms and those unwanted babes.

I know Who writes the love and life stories, of every person across the globe.

I know Who is strengthening each of us, in the seasons of trusting and waiting.

I know Who has a purpose for each person that He breathed life into.

I know Who is with us in the good times and the bad times and every moment in between.




And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 
//  Romans 8:28 kjv


Thoughts? What's He been teaching you recently? <33 

Comments

  1. This is really beautiful!!! I love your point about how couples long for children, and so many babies are just unwanted.
    astoryspinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica. Yes, that is something I've thought about a lot lately. <3

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this, Faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Faith. This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing.

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading, Leah. :)

      Delete
  4. This was so awesome Faith! What a great reminder for me that even though I don't always know why, God still has a plan and purpose <3 thank you for writing friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. We don't see the purpose but He does. <3 Thanks for reading, dear! <3

      Delete
  5. This is really great! And really deep, it makes me think. So many times we get wrapped up in worrying and wondering the questions "Why" that we often forget to trust in "Who" knows the big picture. Because God is in control. Thank you, Faith for sharing this great post!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooklyne! Yes, absolutely. Sometimes I think we become too focused on the why, instead of trusting that He's holding us. Glad you enjoyed! <3

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post, Faith! I just love how you write these encouraging posts. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! I'm glad its encouraging to you. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}