Dear Beautiful.



Dear Beautiful... 

Yes, you. The one hiding in the corner, trying to fade into the shadows, slip out of the spotlight. The girl turning her head, hiding her face, averting her eyes.

Because, why would anyone be looking at you? You're nothing special. You think you're plain and ordinary and nowhere near beautiful.

But it's not true, dear. Don't believe the lies. Attune your ears to the truth.

Plain and ordinary are nonexistent.

We were created in the image of our Creator, each of us uniquely and wonderfully made. He fashioned you with His hands and He was well-pleased with His masterpiece. He is perfect, my friend, incapable of creating messed-up and ugly people.

Have I convinced you yet? Let's take a look at His words...


For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 
// Psalm 139:13-14 kjv 

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. 
// Isaiah 43:7 kjv

He hath made every thing beautiful in His time.
// Ecclesiastes 3:11a kjv


Thoughts? What other 'Dear' posts would you like to see? 

Comments

  1. Hello Faith. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being a daughter of a Pastor. Your letter to every beautiful girl is so beautiful and very encouraging for the girls of your age who are young. I am blessed to go through your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018. My email is dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* What a great post, Faith! <3 <3 I really enjoy reading these encouraging posts of yours and I always look forward to see what you'll write next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* Thanks, girlie. <33 Aww, that means so much!! ^_^

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful!!! Thank you for a breath of fresh air in all the peer pressure in this world.
    astoryspinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Faith! Beautiful! Every girl needs to be reminded sometimes that she IS beautiful. Everyone is beautiful, because God created each person in his own image. When we remind ourselves of that we will truly believe that we are beautifully and wonderfully made.

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah! I completely agree. <3 Why should we be discontent with how we look when we were created by the One who set the world in motion?

      Delete
  5. That was a very cool idea.

    How about a "Dear Hurting"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      Oh, that's an idea! I'll see what I can do.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Faith! I like the idea for “dear” posts :). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I hope to make it a series. :-)

      Delete
  7. b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. thank you dear *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, this is wonderful! Thank you for this. <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. This line though: Plain and ordinary are nonexistent. I'd never thought of it quite like that! Thank you, Faith. You have a beautiful heart. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}