The Thief, the Damsel, and the Dragon by Angela R. Watts {Book Review}


~ Description

“... the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.” ~ Psalms 91:13

Edward Prosner is going to steal from the small town mayor of Fall Springs, North Carolina. He’s got a flawless plan of action and is determined to return honor and justice to his father’s good name. The problem he faces? He needs a date for the mayor’s dinner party.

Lucy Levitt is a huge romantic at heart, but with her family’s ranch and her part-time job, she has no time for dating. She believes God will place her soulmate in her life when the time is right. When the new man in town asks her out, how can she say no?

The first date seems ordinary enough, but then they begin to realize that they can’t fight their dragons alone.


~ My Rating

4 stars


~ My Review

A sweet lil' novella about justice, love, and God's never-failing goodness. <3 

The Thief, the Damsel, and the Dragon is a charming story of small towns and big hearts, old grudges and new love, a farm girl and an up-town boy.

The first half of the book had me wondering what on earth had transpired to cause Ed to hold such a grudge on the town's seemingly-upstanding mayor. And then the second half had me smiling over the redemption and forgiveness. <3 

Lucy and Ed's love story was so darling! They were both such cute characters, especially in their interactions with each other. And let's not forget Sean. His banter with Ed was AMAZE. 

I also adored the way Miss Watts twisted the end, as if Lucy and Ed wrote the story themselves. It was unique and so well done! <3 

(Randomness here, but I just got to throw this in. The line about stealing something like the Declaration of Independence? I. Cracked. Up. xD #NationalTreasureFTW )

A few times while reading, I got confused as to what was happening. At first, I got SJ mixed up with Sean, but that sorted out pretty easily (and was probably just me). Then, originally, I was under the impression that Ed's parents USED TO live in Fall Springs—meaning they had since left—but then you find out that he moved there because of them and they live just out of town. There was also some head-hopping, but nothing too distracting. 

A great little read! Definitely worth the hours I spent inside the pages. Can't wait to see more by this author! <3


**I received an e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.**

Comments

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019