Sisters in Christ ~ Micaiah K. ~ January 2017

Hello everyone! Hope y'all are having a lovely Saturday! (I am because I woke up to LOADS OF SNOW!! XD) 

Welcome to the first Sisters in Christ of 2017! :D 



Joining us today is my sweet friend, Micaiah, from Adventures Beyond the Horizon. Be sure to hop over and check out her blog. ^_^ 

Alrighty. Go ahead an introduce yourself, girl. :D 

Hey, all! I'm Micaiah, a sixteen-year-old who's been saved by God's grace. I'm a writer, an avid reader, a homeschooler, and an adventurer. I love music and historical fiction (though a lot of times I also go for contemporary). I love the stars at night and I like to travel and see new places. I like spending time with my family (of which I am the middle kid) and my fluffy white dog. I'm interested in photography, baking, and singing. 





Isn't she awesome, y'all? Okiedoke, let's talk about blogging... 


What inspired you to start a blog? 

I remember wanting to have a place to ramble about the books I was reading, post reviews, that sort of thing (though it's grown since then). Around that time, I found a blog that my then-favorite-author had posted on at one point, and I dunno - maybe that partially inspired me? I really just wanted a place to share my thoughts!

Did you read other blogs before starting your own, or was starting a blog what thrust you into this amazing world we call The Blogosphere? ;) 

There were probably two blogs I'd read before starting my own (including the one I mentioned above)! I know - crazy, right? Starting my own blog was really what introduced me to the blogosphere. (what? That's totally a word.)
Yes. It's a word. No arguing. XD 


How did you find my blog(s)? 

Through your Goodreads profile when we became friends on there! Of course I followed.  


Let's talk a bit about our shared faith. What's your favorite Bible verse, chapter, and book? Why? 

Oooh, favorite Bible verse? That's a really hard question! (there are so many good ones) I don't think 
I have one specific verse that really sticks out for me, but I do like John 14:27 and Psalm 27:8. Again, picking a chapter is difficult! I like Psalm 23, and a lot of Romans is good. And probably the Psalms as my favorite book. I also like some of the Prophets, like Isaiah. 




What Bible verse(s) have really helped you through some rough times? 

For a time it was John 14:27. That verse is fantastic.



What is one event in your life that really strengthened your Christian walk? 

A few years back my family went through a pretty rough time. It really brought us closer to God and to each other. It's amazing how God works things for good!

Any Bible reading tips? 

Listen for God's voice speaking to you while you read (He will show up if you ask Him to). Highlight (because it's fun and verses pop out!). Maybe get a Bible reading plan for the year (it'll give you motivation and will help you keep organized, instead of just flipping open the Bible and reading at random). Lastly, set aside time for it. It most likely won't happen consistently if it's not in your schedule. 

Amen, sistah. <3 





Alrighty, unto the reading and writing stuff. :P On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most), how much of a reader would you consider yourself? What about a writer? 

As a reader, probably an 8. I adore reading, and I'm currently in the process of growing my library book by book. ;) As a writer? It's probably pretty low on the scale right now. I haven't been writing very consistently lately, partially because life has been so busy, especially with holidays and school! I've been on a bit of a break, which hasn't been necessarily intentional the whole time, but it's been good.

Where's your favorite place to read and/or write? 

Where it's quiet. And I won't be disturbed. Those are my requirements. (If I'm slightly picky it also needs someplace partially padded to sit on.) ;)

Who's your favorite author(s)? Favorite books by them? 

Since I have a pretty excruciating time picking favorites these days, here's a few:

Joanne Bischof, and her book To Get to You. She is a fantastic, talented author, not to mention a super sweet person. And To Get to You? Serious adorable-ness, guys. It's fantastic. It really is. (*whispers* I gave it five stars!)



Ted Dekker, and his book Blink of an Eye. Ted Dekker is a master, a genius - and I'm not just saying that. He blows my mind with his incredible writing and plot-weaving skills. And Blink of an Eye was by far my favorite of his books I've read so far. (I also gave it five stars.)

R.M. Ballantyne, and his novel Fighting the Flames. Ballantyne lived in the 1800s - he traveled to do research and lived quite the adventurous life. His books are almost all about wild adventures, while being funny and enjoyable and for the most part lighthearted with some action thrown in. Fighting the Flames was no exception. A fictional book about the fire department in London in the 1800s? Yes, please. Plus all of the characters are interwoven in a really fun way. 

*wants to read all those now* 


What are some books that really impacted your young life? 

Definitely the A Life of Faith series, updated from Martha Finley's originals. I found two of the Violet books sitting in the kid's section in a second-hand and new bookstore when my mom and I were donating some books. The series introduced me to the Victorian era, which fast became my favorite time period - and it still is. They're filled with faith and strong heroines and wonderful characters. I think the A Life of Faith books were also some of the first chapter books I read, so they strengthened my reading ability as well. I loved them, and the Violet and Millie series are still sitting on my bookshelf!




If you had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be? 

Maybe "kind" or "determined." (Someone literally asked this question in a movie I watched last night! Uncanny. ;)) 


Any pet peeves? 

Uh... loud chewing? XD 

Sammmeee. XD Favorite songs? 

Sparrows (Under Heaven's Eyes) by Tenth Avenue North
Humbug by Owl City (I know, it's a Christmas song, but it's fantastic.)
Follow Through by Unspoken

Anything else to add? Goals for this year? 

To read the Bible in a year. My reading goal is 52 books (I may or may not surpass that!), and I'm also doing a reading challenge with a bunch of friends. I'm hoping to do Camp NaNoWriMo again, and maybe the daunting task of actual NaNoWriMo!


Good luck with all those, girl! :D 

Thanks a bunch for having me, Faith! I had fun answering your questions! 

~*~*~ 

Thanks for reading everyone! Leave Micaiah a comment, why don't ya? Next month's chat will be with Amy Lane from Living in Faith and Fun and Amy & Ink. :) 

~Faith


**All pictures are from Pinterest, excluding the post graphic.** 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed getting to know you a little bit, Micaiah! :)
    The Millie books are SO good! They're definitely my favorite books. Violet is great too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rebekah!! Aw, thanks - I'm glad you had fun reading! :D OH YES Millie is my favorite! (I have a soft spot for Cyril. ;))

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for interviewing me, Faith! :D I had fun!! <3 (And nice job getting pics to go with this. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating, Micaiah!! :D I enjoyed it too. (Hehe, thanks... ;))

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}