Christmas by the Sea by Beth Wiseman {Book Review}

Faith didn't have a specific post planned for today. And here it is Saturday night and Faith doesn't have time to write a 'good' post now (in other words, she wants to read/write instead... ;)) So I have a book review for y'all of a Christmas short story I read last week. :) Hope it's enjoyed! 




~ Description 
Parker McIntyre is late evacuating Galveston Island prior to a hurricane, despite advisement from local Texas authorities. When Parker becomes trapped in rising floodwaters, he is going to drown if help doesn’t arrive soon. Fearing death and questioning his faith, he thinks about the young son he’ll be leaving behind.
Alexandria Hanson is on her way off the island to escape the immediate storm threat, but she spots a person trapped in the water. Alex—as she’s called by friends and family— isn’t adventuresome by nature. Helping the man is going to require great personal risk, but she can’t leave him to die.
As Alex joins Parker in the murky Gulf waters, a dangerous situation becomes even more serious as they wait to be rescued. With only each other to lean on, they attempt to quell their fears by praying together and sharing stories.
If Parker and Alex leave the island alive, will they have a chance to explore their feelings during the holiday season? Or will the opportunity be lost forever? 



~ My Rating 
4.5 stars 


~ My Review 
Wow, talk about suspense!! :D My heart was literally pounding through the beginning to middle of this story. I LOVED the 'trapped-in-a-hurricane' setting, and strive for survival that first bonded Alex and Parker. And Spencer was an absolutely adorable child. :) 

*mild spoiler* One thing I didn't exactly 'like' was the abrupt kiss between characters who didn't know each other very well at all. *end of spoiler* 

All in all, this was a great Christmas short-story. With a unique tale and well-rounded characters, it was packed with meaning and love. I finished with happy feelings, enjoying the hints at what would soon follow in Alex and Parker's lives. :) 

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun Christmas book! :)
    Christmas books are just so much fun to read around Christmas time. There are quite a few Christmas books that I'm hoping to read this Christmas season. I don't know if I'll actually have time to read them all or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! :D
      They are! I have several I want to read too...like, a stack here in my room plus a couple Kindle ones. ;) Haha, yeah, I doubt I'll get to them all... I hope we both do, though!! :)

      Thanks for commenting, Rebekah! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019