Memorial Day {2016}

Happy Memorial Day! I've wrote a little poem (two, really. They don't really go together ;)) to share with you all. Here it is, and I hope you enjoy. :) 

Never forget the price that was paid for our freedom. Yesterday we were singing America, The Beautiful at church and these words really stuck out to me... 

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife, Who more than self their country loved, And mercy more than life! 

Who more than self their country loved... That says it all, doesn't it? :') 




God, bless the soldier 
Who left his homeland for us, 
Died to keep us safe. 

And hold near the souls 
Of those who sacrificed all
For our liberty. 

Just for our freedom 
They willingly gave their lives 
On those foreign soils. 

Courageously endured, 
For the freedom we hold dear. 
We owe them greatly. 

Today let's thank God 
For our American soldiers, 
All they gave for us. 




Have you given thought 
To how many men died for you? 
For this our country. 

Now safe in heaven, 
It blesses my heart to think 
Of all them there. 

In our Lord Jesus' arms 
Those battle-weary soldiers 
Have found blessed peace 

At last. 

Comments

  1. Happy Memorial Day, Faith! :)
    I really like both of your poems. They're great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy (belated) Memorial Day, Rebekah! :D
      Thank you so much, my friend! ^_^ Your praise of my work is so dearly appreciated. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Faith. Good job. Would you mind if I shared your poem(s) on my blog? I would link it back to you, of coarse. Just email me your answer.
    That last poem just...well, touches me deeply. Especially the last part, where it says, "In our Lord Jesus' arms
    Those battle-weary soldiers
    Have found blessed peace

    At last. "

    Have a good day, and thank you for sharing your poems, and this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Sure, that's fine as long as you link back here please. :) I've thought a lot about that. There's no wars, no deaths, no lost lives, in heaven. <3

      I'm so glad you enjoyed, Amy! A good day to you too and thanks for your sweet comment! ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}