Sisters in Christ ~ Brooklyne ~ May 2018

Happy Saturday, readers! Today we have another Sisters in Christ chat—with Brooklyne from Showers of Blessings.



Welcome to Chosen Vessels, Brooklyne! 

Hi everyone! My name is Brooklyne. I’m a seventeen year old, homeschooler, animal lover, bookworm, cowgirl, middle sister, DIYer, Seventh-day Adventist, vegetarian, writer at heart, introvert, and most importantly a daughter of The One True King! Some of my hobbies are gardening, riding my horse Rosie, hand lettering, woodworking, exercising, and taking pictures.


I love that! :) Since we met through blogging, let's talk about that. What inspired you to start a blog?

Well, as soon as I started reading about all these bloggers who were around my age, I realized that this was something I could do to make a difference. Honestly, the idea of starting a blog was exciting, crazy, and scary. I had to step out of my comfort zone, and still do with every post. I’m not great with computers, and I have never had Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media site. But I do write. I write devotionals, poems, and stories. I don’t have all the answers, but I feel like God has given me words to write and starting a blog gives me the chance to share these words with people all over the world! I am so blessed to be given the resources to start a blog.



Did you read other blogs before starting your own, or was starting a blog what thrust you into this amazing world we call The Blogosphere? ;)

Yes and no. I really only started reading blogs the beginning of this year. I was really into The Circle C Adventures by Mrs. Marlow when I was around 13 years old. As I got older, I was more into the contests and one day I was reading on her blog about the contest judges and that’s when I found a blog by a homeschooler. I would read over her blog and then find more blogs to read. It was like a ripple effect. Each blog would most likely have a list of other blogs they read. So, I went blog crazy and read so many blogs, I can’t even remember which ones I read.
But, before 2018 I really hadn’t read any blogs, except Andi’s Blog (Circle C Adventures).


How did you find my blogs?
I found your blogs sometime when I was going blog crazy:-). So, I don’t know exactly how I came across them, but I do know that I found Stories by Firefly before finding Chosen Vessels. And, I have to say, I really like both of your blogs!!!


Aww, thank you! 

The blogging community can be a very encouraging place to me—so many people blogging about their faith! What's your favorite Bible verse, chapter, and book? Why?

Oh, this is so hard to choose!!! One of my favorite verses are 2 Corinthians 12:9 because it is a reminder that God’s grace is sufficient in my weaknesses. One of my favorite chapters is Psalm 23. The lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want… there is something so peaceful about this chapter. Oh, and I like Philippians 4 too! I can’t decide on a favorite:-). My favorite book in the Bible is James. I like that it is short enough to read in one setting and I like that it is relatable.



What Bible verses have really helped you through some rough times?

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” And Philippians 4: 6,7 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests by made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” These two verses are the first to go through my head when I need a reminder that Gods got it.


What is one event in your life that really strengthened your Christian walk?

(1) Our move to our farm was a very big faith builder. Hints the name, Winds of Faith.            (2) My baptism was another event that strengthened my Christian walk. (3) I believe trial’s have strengthened my Christian walk also. One big trial was in 2015 when my Dad had a heart attack. He was forty-one and had to have two stints placed in his widow maker. This was very scary and we really had to trust God with our worries. Since then we have really changed the way we eat to be more plant strong and healthy.


Wow... <3 

Any Bible reading tips?

I’m not one to be giving advice in this area. Sadly, all to often, my time to read the bible gets cut short or pushed back and this is something I want and need to change. I think reading the Bible has to be a huge priority. To purposefully choose to spend time reading the Bible. A lot of times I use the concordance in the back of my bible to look up words for different verses and this helps me get on a roll;-).


Speaking of reading... On a scale of 1-10, how much of a reader would you consider yourself? What about a writer?

For a reader, I would say I’m a 8-9. And for a writer, I’d say a 7-8. This would be for books that were amazing and if I didn’t have writers block…


Where's your favorite place to read and/or write?

Definitely in my room. And sometimes I will read in the car if it is a really good book! ;-)


Who are your favorite authors? Favorite books by them?

I can’t pick a favorite, it’s too hard! I really like Stephen Bly’s writing style. My favorite books written by him are Skinners of Goldfield series and Homestead series. There are lots more authors and books but the list is too long! ;-)


Hehe, isn't that like the worst question? ;) What are some books that really impacted your young life?

I really enjoyed reading Pony Pals, Sisters in Time, Circle C Adventures, and The Serenity Inn series when I was younger. But I would say that the one book that really impacted my life was iChoose His Way by Hannah Rayne. If you haven't heard of it, look it up and read it. I totally recommend it for anyone, but especially us teenagers! It was written by a teen for us teens. This book just really impacted me.


Alrighty. Time for a few random questions, before we have to say farewells. :D If you had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?

Um, maybe creative. I don’t know.



Any pet peeves?
I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my boot, my sock is sliding off! A bunched up sock is the worst! :-)


Favorite songs?

I like quite a few songs and types of music, so this is kind of hard to choose! I really like country music. Some I like are I Don’t Dance by Lee Brice, Fight Like a Girl by Bomshel, Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood, Road Less Traveled by Lauren Alaina, May We All by Florida Georgia Line, Austin by Blake Shelton, and lots of others!


Anything else to add? Goals for the rest of this year?

Some of my goals for 2018 would be to ride Rosie, a lot more than I have been. And start writing more too! Like starting a book series I have in mind… and to keep writing devotionals and poems. A big time goal would be to publish some of my writings but this will most likely not take place in this year. Also, to blog! I have lots of great ideas for Showers of Blessings and can’t wait to perfect my blog style, add more pages, etc.



And I want to say, thank you so much, Faith, for hosting Sister’s in Christ! This was such a great opportunity for me to get to know other bloggers in this blogosphere and for them to get to know me too. These were great questions and they were very fun to answer! Thanks for letting me participate in this blog series! ;-)

I enjoyed it as well! Thanks for coming over! <3

~*~


Thanks for reading, friends! Be sure to leave Brooklyne a comment and check out her blog. :D 

~Faith


Quick announcement. I'm going on another blogging hiatus for most of the month of May. I may be back toward the end of the month, and I'll be posting a May recap on my other blog, but other than, I'm taking a break. I know I just took a hiatus in January, and I honestly didn't think I'd be doing it this soon, but I need it and this month (while gone on a trip) seems like the perfect time. But meanwhile, I'll be reading y'all's posts, traveling the country, and hopefully getting some new inspiration. ;)


**Images borrowed from Pinterest. 

Comments

  1. This was a lot of fun! Thanks for letting me participate!!! I really like that last horse picture! :-)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could participate!! :D Ooh, me too!

      Delete
  2. Hey Brooklyne! I like your blog so I enjoyed reading your answers! :)

    And thanks for hosting this, Faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm so glad you like reading my blog! You always leave such nice comments:-). Thank you!
      -Brooklyne

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed learning a little bit more about you, Brooklyne!
    One of my favorite verses is also Philippians 4: 6-7. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! :)
      Peace that surpasses. It is just so reassuring to know!
      -Brooklyne

      Delete
  4. Yay! It was nice to get to know you a little better, Brooklyne. :) And yes, I have the same problem with socks slipping off - it is so annoying! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica! Thanks for reading! It was super fun to answer all these questions! I know! My socks definitely slip off more when I'm wearing my boots! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved learning about you Brooklyne! Thank you for doing this!
    Thank you too, Faith!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Have a great day! :D
      -Brooklyne

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}