Be a World Changer.

I know, I know... No post all last week. So sorry about that! I'm here today with a post, though. I hope you enjoy. :) 



Do you ever look at the world around you and feel a compelling urge to do something about it? Like you're supposed to be doing something – anything – to change it? To make a difference? To shine Christ's light? 

I know I do. 

And we are supposed to be doing something. As Christians, each of us have a job to do for God's eternal kingdom. Spreading the Gospel. Winning souls. 

Yet it often angers me to see it all – the evil and wickedness in this lost, dark, dying world. It's wrong. It's dishonoring to God. If those people (I'm very bad to categorize) can be so blatantly sinful, why should they be offered the chance of salvation? 

But God reminds me that I'm a sinner too. And just as bad of one as anyone else. No sin is 'better' or 'worse' than any other. (I'm almost off this rabbit trail. Promise.) We're all sinners, but there is a difference in some of us. 

Those of us who have been bought with blood, redeemed through Jesus' sacrifice, have an advantage. Namely, to live eternally in the presence of our Lord, to dance and sing praise 'round His throne.

But that isn't where it ends. After salvation, we have a job to do. A duty to fulfill. Jesus' love needs to be spread. His light needs to be shone into the darkest of places. His beautiful gift of salvation needs to be made known to everyone. 

Sure, it won't be easy. We live in a world that has been 'going downhill' since the fall of man. There are a lot of people who aren't going to want to hear about Him – aren't going to want to even listen to what you have to say. 

But maybe sometimes we don't even have to speak. How we live, the words we say, and how we conduct our day-to-day lives, should be shining examples of Christ-likeness for the world to see. 

Don't left people's unconcern, shrug-offs, and negative replies put a damper on your faith or your ministry. We don't have to be oppressed by the evil of this world or its wicked power. Jesus has already overcome Satan. 

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33 KJV


I was looking up something in the book of Acts early today, and a certain verse just jumped out at me. (Yes, I'm just now getting to the cause of this whole post.) The heading/subtitle on this part of chapter 17 read 'Thessalonica: "Turned the World Upside Down"'.

“And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;”
Acts 17:6 KJV

Stop and think about that for a second. These people, these early Christian were risking their lives, yet it was then that God blessed their efforts. It was then that souls were saved and lives changed. 

I believe it's safe to say that America could use a good dose of 'being turned upside down'. Are we in agreement? 

Join me in praying and making it your conscious, daily desire to let His light shine. Let's turn America into a Thessalonica. <3








Have a blessed week! Go out into your Thessalonica and be a world changer for Christ... 

~Faith

Comments

  1. Great post! I think we sometimes think that there is nothing we can do, but there is actually a lot we can do. Even if it is "just" praying, the power of prayer goes a long way. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. America certainly needs our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. There is no such thing as "just prayer" – it's so powerful!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, she certainly does. <3

      Thanks for commenting, Lauren! And I love your profile pic! :)

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks :) I needed a new picture and this is the result of having my best friends at my senior photo shoot haha. I couldn't stop laughing.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! XD Well, it's perfect. Very you! :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a great, encouraging post, Faith!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Rebekah! :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hey hey hey, lookie here, I'm commenting *checks date* ONLY two weeks late! ;P
    thank you so much for doing this post, Faith! You pointed out some things that I missed in my post, and... yeah. You're amazing, girl. <3 I just LOVE the "turning the world upside-down" part!!! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never, right? Haha, I'm kidding. I love comments whenever they come in. :D
      I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! Aww, you're sweet, my amazing friend. ;) When I read that verse I just HAD to use it!

      Thanks for commenting, Kate! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019