Sisters in Christ ~ June 2016 ~ Jesseca Dawn

Welcome, everyone, to the second official installment of this blog series, Sisters in Christ!! (For previous chats, see this page.) 


This month's special guest is Jesseca Dawn! :) You can find Jesseca around the blogging world at Whimsical Writings and A Kansas Wind

~ ~ 

Welcome, Jesseca! Go ahead and introduce yourself to the readers. :) 

I'm a Christian, homeschooled girl who loves writing. Okay, okay, I'll be more specific. ;) I live in Kansas with my family, and I absolutely love my state (it's the best, y'all! ) I enjoying playing piano, reading, and baking. Cooking can be fun, but I don't enjoy it as much. My favorite place to be is outside with a book. It's awesome. 




It is awesome. ;) Since we're doing a blog chat here, let's talk about that. What inspired you to start a blog? 


I had been following a couple bloggers for a while, but when my dad was diagnosed with cancer, I asked my mom if I could start my own blog. My parents were going out of state for treatment, and I kinda wanted something new and different to occupy my free time. And I also wanted to get to know some other bloggers better! :) But now I use it mainly as a place to share my writings and connect with other writers. 


Did you read other blogs before starting your own, or was starting a blog what thrust you into this amazing world we call The Blogosphere? ;) 

Yes, I did! And they had a big influence on my starting a blog, particularly the one I blog on now, Whimsical Writings 


How did you find my blog(s)? 

I think you commented on one of my blogs. ;) And so I visited your blog, read part of one of your stories, and decided to never leave. The rest is history. 


An interesting history, but still history, eh? :P Alright, let's chat about life as a sister in Christ... 
What's your favorite Bible verse, chapter, and book? Why? 

My favorite verses are Romans 5:1 and Job 23:10, my favorite chapter is Ecclesiastes 3, and my favorites books are Ecclesiastes and Romans. 



The verse in Romans is my favorite because it sums the gospel up. We are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ. We are saved through faith. Not works. And because it is though faith that we are justified, we have peace with God through Christ! 



The verse in Job is a favorite because as we go through trials in this life, it can be so hard to see why. But when we have been tried and purified in the furnace of testing, if we endure, we shall come forth as Gold! God always has a reason for what he's doing. We just need to trust him, because He already has the ending written. 

And ...Ecclesiastes chapter 3.  Changes come, and changes go. Life goes on in seemingly the same circle. Life has no meaning apart from God. He is the one we need to trust in, even when everything around us looks bleak. 
And as to why Romans and Ecclesiastes are my favorite books ... well, one shows the doctrine of the gospel, while the other one shows the fleetingness of life and the importance of trust in God. 


What Bible verse(s) have really helped you through some rough times? 

I'd have to say Job 23:10 again. As well as as Isaiah 40:31




What is one event in your life that really strengthened your Christian walk? 

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer. It seemed as though life stopped, and I really had a hard time trusting that God had a plan in all of it. But God has shown me time and time again that nothing happens as an accident, and His perfect will is being worked through the trials in our lives! 


Any Bible reading tips? 

Read in the morning, and no matter where in the Bible you are reading, try to find one verse that you can think on throughout the day. This is a huge help to me, and many times I find myself thinking of the verse in many ways I would never have considered had I simply read it once. :) 


Moving on the reading and writing segment... 
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most), how much of a reader would you consider yourself? 
What about a writer? 
A reader? 10. Or .. maybe 8 or 9. My reading has slowed these past few months because of how busy we've gotten, but I LOVE it!!! :D And I'd say probably a 9 for writing. I'm the kind of person where if I stop writing, I seem to have lost my purpose for life. Well, not literally, of course, but it feels that way! ;) 



Where's your favorite place to read and write? 

On my bed. Simply because it's kinda isolated from the rest of our house, which tends to be pretty noisy! And I like having a quite area. :) I also like the outdoors. Sooo much inspiration there!! :) 


Who's your favorite authors? Favorite books by them
Susan K. Marlow, Sarah Sundin, Tricia Goyer, Lois Walfird Johnson, Emily McConnell, Rebekah Eddy, you ... ;) I'll stop now!
I think some of my favorite book by the authors would include ... Heartbreak Trail, Blue Skies Tomorrow, The Swiss Curious, Ivan, War Tears, Alice and Alyssa, and The Viking Quest series. (Can't choose one book from it!) 


You said War Tears!!! *happy grin* 

What are some books that really impacted your young life? 

Definitely all 3 of Lois Walfrid Johnson's series! They're still favorites; they're all so good!




And... A few random questions before we have to say goodbyes. ;) 
If had to use one word to describe yourself, what would it be? 

Ummm, I don't like trying to describe myself. ;)  Maybe Dependable. Though I'm not sure it's always a good thing. 


Yes, you're definitely dependable. :) 

Any pet peeves? 

When people chew with their mouth open. It worse than nails on a chalkboard. I can't stand it! 




Favorite songs? 

Oh, too many! You raise me up, Rejoice in the Lord, Wings as Eagles, Just be Held, Be still my soul ...they're all so good! :) 


Ahh, lovely ones! :) 

Anything else to add? Goals for this year? 

Graduate, publish a book, and meet two "internet" friends in person! :) And finishing reading the Old Testament. :) 

Good luck on those goals! :D 

~ ~ 

Thanks again, Jesseca! :) This has been fun. Don't forget to stop by Jesseca's blogs (links at the top of this post)! Next month's chat will be with Bethany R. from A Great God and Good Cocoa

~Faith

*excluding the first, aall photos found on Pinterest.*

Comments

  1. I LOVE this blog series! Such a great idea Faith!! Thanks so much for sharing Jesseca, it was great to get to know you better. I agree with what you said about reading the Bible in the morning, then pondering a specific verse throughout the day. My sister has the same pet peeve as you XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lauren! Glad you enjoyed. :) Reading in the morning is the best!
      Haha, yeah. . .it's a legitimate pet-peeve! ;P

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for doing this, Faith! I had a lot of fun with the questions you gave me! :)I love this blog series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it as well, Jesseca, and I'm so glad you did too!! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this! And I love that verse in Job too - it has helped me through many trials too.
    Great getting to know you more, Jesseca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m loving this blog series, Faith! :D It’s so much fun.
    I had a lot of fun reading this, Jesseca, and learning a little bit more about you. :)
    Those are all great Bible verses. I especially like Ecclesiastes 3. :)
    “Heartbreak Trail” and “Blue Skies Tomorrow” are both great books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}