An Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti {Book Review}


~ Description 

An award-winning novelist’s heartwarming story about family and love lost, found, and finally truly revealed at Christmas.

Christmas takes a very different turn when the guests of honor break up instead of announcing their engagement. Trapped with his family, they learn that love looks different than either imagined. Both in their eighties, Dodie and Wilson Binder celebrate every Christmas as if it were their last. This year, their grandson Micah is planning to ask his girlfriend, Katie, to marry him so they can celebrate with the whole family. But things go very wrong when she says "no." Now they are stuck. Too many people, too much snow, and too little room should be a recipe for disaster. But sometimes too much is just enough. Especially when it's Christmas.


~ My Review 

After grabbing this book for a couple bucks from CBD, I started it with little idea of what to expect... And I was blown away by what I found tucked inside the pages.

First, the Binder family. Can y'all just adopt me already?! I loved the large family, their traditions, their close-ties, their selfless love, and each of their individual uniquenesses. And then the "problem" couple—Micah was a sweetheart, and Katie... Oh, Katie. I related to her so well.

I really enjoy the writing style of this book. Sometimes, I find myself going “wait, what?”, but for the most part, it’s fun and engaging. The synopsis makes it sound like it's more from the grandparents' perspective, but it was mostly from Katie's.

Five sleigh rides out of five! 


Find more 12 Days of Christmas fun on Stories by Firefly

Comments

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Sisters in Christ ~ Kassie A. ~ March 2019