Highway Thoughts + My First Post on the Group Blog


A few days ago, I was going to a town about two hours away. While on the highway, my thoughts led me to contemplate how interstates compare to life.

I know that sounds a little odd, (you should have seen the look my mom gave me when I told her this. xD) but hang with me.

Think about the purpose of interstates. Chances are, if you're on one, you're not going to stay on it until it ends. You're going to travel it for a little while and then exit off. You're not there for the destination, you're there for the journey.

Now let's think about life. To a lot of people, it's about the outcome. Making all the money. Having the best job, biggest house, and nicest car. 'Climbing to the top'. In a sense, the destination.

But friends, joy isn't found it having it all. Joy is found in the journey. In the little, seemingly meaningless everyday occurrences that bring a smile to your face.

On the highway of life, we're not here for the destination. We're here for the journey.

What do you think about when you're cruising down the highway? 


~*~ 



On a different note, my first post on the group blog that I recently became part of went live this week!  Click on the graphic above to check it out. :) 

Hope y'all have a blessed week. <3
~Faith

Comments

  1. I love road trips. Listening to music, looking out the window and such. Often on road trips I think a lot. That doesn’t sound odd ... sounds close to somethings I’ve thought of :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Road-tripping is always enjoyable. :) Hehe, good to hear. ;)

      Delete
  2. So true. It's hard to think that way for me, but I should. Thanks for this. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different mindset, for sure. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Wow that is a great analogy! And I can't wait to read your post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! I'm glad you found it relatable. =D

      Delete
  4. I love this post, Faith!! <3 It is so great. I’ve never thought about life and interstates as going together ;), but what you said is so true! I just really enjoyed it, Faith!! <3 <3 It touched me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! <3 Hehe, I have the weirdest thoughts sometimes. ;) That is so good to hear, my dear! <3 <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Little Update.

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}