Sisters in Christ ~ Libby May ~ September 2017

Hello, friends! 

So...we kinda took July and August off from SiC. That was partially intentional (everyone needs a break) and partially because I hadn't actually asked anyone else to take part. *ahem* 

But now it's back. :) I can't promise there will be a chat every month (maybe bi-monthly?), but I hope you enjoy them whenever they appear. ;)




Today's guest is Libby from GeoturtleWelcome to Chosen Vessels, Libby! How about introducing yourself? :D 


Hi all! I’m Libby. I love Jesus, writing, reading, crocheting, chatting, listening to Spotify, hanging out with friends, praying for people, and teaching my Sunday school 3 year olds.

And blogging, right? *wink* What inspired you to start a blog? 
I had a blog previously, called Bettamaster.com. It was Betta fish Information site which got old really fast, no matter how much I love Bettas. After that I was going to start a blog MeAsLibby.com, but that never really got off the ground. When I discovered that Mrs. Marlow, the author of the Circle C Series, had a blog, I started to get to know some girls off of her chat box, and when I got GeoTurtle.com up and running Mrs. M presented it to the world for me, and that’s how I got my first followers.

Did you read other blogs before starting your own, or was starting a blog what thrust you into this amazing world we call The Blogosphere? ;) 
Oops. Lol. I sort of answered that in the previous questions. When I did start my blog, I read all over the place and got inspiration for posts and friends, but I already had a blog and was checking out what my audience liked to read.


Haha, that's okay. How did you find my blog(s)? 
I found your delightful blog on Mrs. M’s blog, the Circle C Adventures.
Changing the subject, what's your favorite Bible verse, chapter, and book? Why? 

OH MY. Can you pick a favorite ever? Currently I’m working on memorizing Romans 3:21-31, so that’s pretty good. I guess I have to say whatever I’m currently reading is my favorite. In general, my favorite is Psalms, Isaiah, Romans, I really like all the gospels, and my favorite verses are 2 Timothy 1:7 “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” As well as 1 Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to men, but God is faithful, and will not suffer ye to be tempted above such as you are able, but with the temptation also provide a way to escape, that you might be able to bear it.” And last but not least,  Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.” I’d better stop there, but I’m gonna squeeze in Psalm 84:11. :)


You can never had too many favorites. :) What Bible verse(s) have really helped you through some rough times?
Most all the favorite verses above have really helped me in life and that’s why I have memorized them, because I ran back to them so many times.


What is one event in your life that really strengthened your Christian walk?
As a young girl raised in a Christian family, my parents really instilled the fact that we girls need to guard our hearts for our future husbands. 



That was a constant challenge for me because I’m so loud and talkative and I love hanging out with my friends. An besides that, somehow all my friends seemed to be guys. So keeping my heart guarded was something that always had me running back to God and His Word and I’ve had that as a constant growth promoter for me, because I’m still praying for Prince Charming, and living for the Prince of Peace.

Great reminder. <3 Any Bible reading tips? 
Yes! Read when there is no one around. And always pray before you read. And one more thing before we exit this section, ask God to draw you closer in each situation. I found that whenever I catch myself praying for Him to keep me safe, I also make it a point to ask Him to grow me and draw me closer through that situation. It’s really a very strengthening and trust growing thing that I’ve been trying out. :)

Speaking of reading... On a scale of 1-10, how much of a reader would you consider yourself? What about a writer? 
I’m a very big reader, I’d say about a 9, since I am careful about what I read, so that sort of cuts back on what I can read.
As a writer, 100%... Oops. I mean 10. I’m writing all the time. ALL THE TIME. 

Where's your favorite place to read and/or write?
At my table in our office room. Especially at night when all my roommates are sleeping and I have Jesus and the house to myself.

What's your favorite author(s)? Favorite books by them?
I cannot even answer this question. Um… Well I really like some of Jules Verne's classics, William Hobbs, Jenny B. Jones, (not Junie B. Jones) As well as Jenny Cote, who writes The Epic Order of the Seven.


Jenny and Junie – there's a big difference. ;D What are some books that really impacted your young life? 
The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer, which was given to me by a good friend on my 17th birthday. That book has changed me forever.
I also like the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, another book recommended by friends. 
The book Amy Carmichael of Dohnavur by Frank L. Houghton. Really impacted the way I look at my life and approach relationships with family and with my Sunday School kids.
How about some randomness before we sat farewell? If you had to use one word to describe 
yourself, what would it be? 










“Rule Breaker,” because I used more than one word. XD I’m frank, loyal, devoted, loud, and a leader, but always fun.

Any pet peeves? 
Yes, I hate tiny holes. Like when there are millions of tiny little hole without uniformity, it just kills me. Shivers up my spine and I’m ready to throw up. It’s weird, but it gets me every time. 

Favorite songs? 
AHH!! I was hoping you’d ask that. It always changes, but “Beloved” By Jordan Feliz, “I Will Not Say Goodbye” by Danny Gokey, “Long Long Time” By Brennley Brown, and “The Happy Song” By Jamie Grace.

Anything else to add? Goals for this year?
Well, for me I feel like the year is almost over, but I’m hoping to finish reading all the way through the Bible by 2018. I’ve got the New Testament left.

Haha, true. Maybe I need a new set of questions for this blog series. XD 

Thank you Faith for having me participate in this thing you do. It was a lot of fun to answer. :)

Thanks for coming over, Libby! 

~*~ 

Be sure to check out Libby's blog @ Geoturtle! Thanks for reading! 

~Faith 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this and getting to know you a little, Libby!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah. It was a lot of fun.

      Faith, The words on the question "Describe yourself in one word" are overlapping. Is that only on my screen or on your post? Just thought I'd mention it. :D

      Delete
    2. Nope...I've got it to. I'll try to fix that really quick. ;)

      Delete
    3. Ack! It's fixed in edit mode, but not on here...oh, well, at least it's readable. :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}