It's the Little Things...


It's the little things that make the difference. They make me happy, make me smile, make me feel all whimsical inside. Things like... 

children's smiles 

~ blowing dandelions

~ chatting and being goofy with a friend 

~ colored pens 

~ dancing in the grocery store until I realize someone is watching me (it was this older lady and she just grinned and kept going ;D) 

~ wildflowers 

~ hyper puppy dogs 

~ perfectly-creamed coffee 

~ new books

~ those times when people look at you and make eye contact and smile. And it just convinces you that there is still goodness in this world.  


So what's my point in all this? It's quite simple, really. 

A recent prayer of mine is for God to used me to bring people to Him. For His light to shine from me. And after overlooking what was right in front of me for quite awhile...I came to a conclusion. 

We don't have to do anything drastic to touch people's lives. 

And what do I mean by that? It's the little things that make the difference. A smile, a laugh, acknowledging someone's presence even if they're a total stranger. Be open and happy. Let His light and His love shine through you. 

One person may only be able to touch a handful of lives, but what if we all did this? What if we all tried to reach out to those around us? The impact would be multiplied so many times over.  


Wanna join me? Take up the challenge and strive everyday to reach out to those around you with what you have -- a smile, your time, your love. Whatever they need that you have. That's all, nothing drastic. 


*****


Hopefully y'all could something out of that disjointed collection of thoughts...until next time! 

~Faith 


P.S. Between wisdom teeth removal, Camp NaNoWriMo, end of the school-year gunk, and life in general, this blog has been neglected lately. Hopefully I'll get back in the groove soon, and maybe until then y'all can appreciate the good parts of my sporadic-ness. :) 

Comments

  1. Wow, Faith!! What a great post!! :) I truly enjoyed reading what was on your heart. This is like the perfect thing that I needed to hear! :) So yes! I definitely want to take up this challenge and strive to reach out to those around me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Rebekah! <3 I'm so glad God used this post to touch you. <3 Good to hear! :)

      Delete
  2. It's the little things like sporadic thoughts and challenging blogs. ;) I'll join you on this challenge, as it's already something I've been working on. It's amazing how much a few kind words can do to change someone's day and put a smile on their face. I love being able to be the one to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, most definitely. ;) Yes, me too!! We're called to be lights shining in to darkness, we should be the ones making the difference. <3 Glad you enjoyed the post and understood where I was going with all that! :P

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  3. What a great post, Faith! It truly is the little things in life that can make a lasting impact on those around us. I'll definitely be taking up this challenge <3 thanks so much for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yes. Everything starts with something small on the part of someone willing to be obedient. :) Great! <3 And thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is so true! After an experience I had at work a few weeks ago, I realized how much a smile can mean. I've been trying myself to show God's love to people by simply being kind. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A smile can mean so much. When I think back on times I wasn't having a good day and someone, maybe a complete stranger, smiled my way, it makes me want to touch others' lives that way. :) Definitely a good goal, so glad you enjoyed! <3

      Delete
  5. I agree--if we all do this, our world would be a better place.
    I share some of those little things in common with you.
    Love ya, girl.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely.
      Aren't they lovely? :)
      Hugs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}