Sisters in Christ ~ April 2016 ~ Introduction

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first Sisters in Christ chat!! :D 

Soon after I had the idea for this series, I was discussing it with a friend who asked an interesting question. "Who gets to ask you questions?" My first thought? No one! I'm interviewing others! After giving it some thought, I asked if she would be interested in asking me some questions. She agreed and here we are. :) 

And now I give you Jesseca Dawn from A Kansas Wind and Whimsical Writings!! :) (Jesseca's words will be in bold.) 



Hey, Faith! Thanks for inviting me to interview you here on your blog. :) I'm excited for the new Sisters in Christ blog series.
To start off with, how about you tell us a little bit about yourself. 
I'm a homeschooled teen in the southeastern USA. I enjoy writing, reading, pottery, blogging, and crafts. I live on a 20-acre Christmas tree farm with my parents, little brother, two yellow labs who're known as Bullet and Biskit, and fifteen chickens. :D
And. . .now we get to the questions! ;) 

1. What is a verse that has helped you through some rough times in your life?
Jeremiah 33:3 and Psalms 30:5 both fall into that category. I've prayed both of these verses many times. :) 

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”
Psalms 30:5 KJV


2. What is an experience in your life that has brought you closer to the Lord?
Leaving the church Dad had pastored for seven years and starting over was tough. But, sadly, that
wasn't actually what strengthened my faith – although it should've been. That happened later, these past few months, after getting back 'into the groove' at a new church and realizes that I wasn't where I 
should've been spiritually. God is so good. :) 


3. Any Bible reading tips?
Don't let a day go by without reading from God's Holy Word. No matter what's going on, He has the answer. :) 


--Pinterest



4. Overall, what is your favorite book of the Bible?
Oh, dear. Well, I just finished reading John a few weeks ago and that's my favorite gospel. Esther and Ruth could both be considered favorites. And I love the Psalms too! And all the New Testament letters... I guess I would have to say Psalms for the Old Testament, and John for the New. :-) 


Okay, now some slightly different questions!
5. So, since you obviously have a blog, what got you into the blogging world?
Early in the summer of 2014, while reading the Circle C Adventures series, I discovered Andi's Blog. Things spread from there and by Christmas I was following many of the other great blogs around here. I started my own blog(s) last May!! :) 

6. Describe yourself in only one sentence. (Not really a question, but it counts as one. . .right?)
Totally counts as one. ;) I'm a teenage, homeschooled, Christian book-lover with a passion for writing words, playing with clay, and trying to be a light for Him in this dark world. (Oh, and did I mention I'm famous for my run-on sentences...? B-) ) 

7. If you could choose a flower to describe yourself, which flower would you choose and why?
Neat question! ;) Hmm, I think I would be a wildflower. Sprouting up in the most unlikely, unexpected places and bringing bright, beautiful colors to the world! :) 


--Pinterest 

8. If someone held a writing contest and you could choose any prompt you wanted, what would you choose for a prompt?
Ooo, interesting one, Jesseca!! But...but...there are so many!! Okay, so I saw this prompt of Pinterest and it was quite interesting. B-) 


--Pinterest

Wouldn't that be an interesting story?? But it gets better. The description of this pin reads... "Scratch that! When you receives yours it says, "I'm dying, call for help...." Now wouldn't that be a crazy story to write?? I'm going to tackle it someday. ;) (Thank you to whoever added that pin description. :P) 


9. If you like to write, where do you find the most inspiration? 
If I like to write? What is this, a trick question? I LOOOOVE to write!! (And Jesseca knows that too, sooo...) 
I find inspiration in everything. I find inspiration in books, movies, people, and God's beautiful creation. But I would have to say I find the most inspiration in life itself. I saw a quote that said... "Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it." And that pretty much describes it. No, not everything we write about is something we can actually do, but the inspiration can come from everyday life and the characters will take it from there. ;) 


10. And finally, you've just been sent into space with only one family member. Who is it? And all you can eat in space is ice cream. What kind do you choose?
Hmm...tough one. I would say my little brother but, although he would be of great help in space, we would argue. A lot. xD Maybe my dog. (Dogs are totally family members. I dare anyone to disagree with me.) The ice cream would be cappuccino crunch. ;) 

--Pinterest 

Thanks so much for joining me today, Jesseca!! :D This was fun! If you aren't familiar with Jesseca's blogs, please check them out. Both links are at the beginning of the post. :) 

If you would be interested in being the interviewee for one of our Sisters in Christ chats, please let me know! Next month we'll have an interview with Rebekah Ashleigh. :) Stay tuned!!! 

Sisters in Christ, 
~Faith 

Comments

  1. Yay! This series is going to be so much fun! Love the intro! :D

    Leaving your previous church must have been hard. My parents have been thinking of leaving the church we've been attending for close to seven years too and I'm rather apprehensive about that. I'm really hoping we won't leave, but there's been a lot of prayer about it lately.
    Wow! My blogging "testimony" is basically the exact same as yours! ;) I found the Circle C blog after reading CCA and finding the address at the back of the book :) And then after that, it's just about the same as yours!
    I like your flower choice! Just wondering, is there a specific type of wildflower you'd be, or just any one in particular? :)
    Oh, dogs are definitely family members!! Not too sure my dad agrees with that :P but I count my puppy as a family member :D

    Looking forward to reading Rebekah's interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you continue to enjoy it, Blessing!! :)

      I'll be praying for you all with that decision. Leaving a church IS hard, but if it's God's will you'll be happier in the end. :)
      Oh, cool!! I think that's how a lot of blogs got started – through the CCA blog. :)
      Um, hmm... I don't know much about different kinds of flowers, so I don't really know. ;) Maybe those pink and white ones in the pictures. Mom has some and I love them. :)
      Yeah, my Dad may disagree too... ;) But dogs ARE family!!

      Thanks for commenting, Blessing!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your interview, Faith! Jesseca asked some great questions and your answers were all great too! :)
    Both of the Bible verses you mentioned are great ones!
    The flower question was really cool. :) I liked your answer. ;)
    I can't wait to do this, Faith! :) It will be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Rebekah!! ^_^ Thank you! I thought her questions were pretty neat as well. :)
      Picking those was hard! There're so many great verses! :D
      Hehe, thanks! :)
      I can't wait to see you answers! Yes, it's such fun!! :-)

      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}