Veterans' Day

What is Veterans Day? Many people in today's culture probably couldn't tell you. They may say something like "oh, that's the day in November when there's no school."  Wrong! Veterans Day is so much more than that. 

I wanted to write a poem for Veterans Day. I first I didn't think it was going to work out, but last night the words finally came and here it is! It's short and written in haiku. :) 

Veterans Day by Firefly

For all those who've fought, 
For their selfless sacrifice, 
A large debt is owed. 

Young, old  land, or sea 
Bravely serving our Country
They deserve our thanks. 

On this Veterans Day 
Remember our troops. 
Show your gratitude. 


The next time you see a soldier or marine, let them know what they're service means to you! If someone reading this served or is serving in the United States military, thank you!! Your sacrifice is appreciated. :) 

Thanks for reading! :D
~Faith

Comments

  1. Lovely poem! Thank you for posting this! I might be doing a Veterans Day post that I've been planning on for awhile, but I'll have to see! I don't know if I told you, my Dad went to West Point and ended up in Panama. :-) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your post, Bethany!
      You did tell me about that. In one of our PK chats. ;D
      Happy Veterans Day to your family! And a special 'thank you for your service to America' to Mr. R. :)

      Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you liked it! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

let's talk, m'friends. <3

Popular posts from this blog

"Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" ~ the Story and the Song

Just a Little Update.

Third Blogiversary {A Giveaway}